- Lower cost - Printing full colour instruction books which can contain over 100 pages costs a great deal. Rather than sell expensive paper books, I would rather offer low cost electronic files to make these instructions accessible to a broader audience.
- Rapid delivery - Once you purchase a custom kit, it is immediately available for you to download securely from brickdimensions.com. There are no shipping times and, more importantly, no shipping costs.
- More content - In addition to receiving a detailed instruction book, you also receive other electronic resources which add value to your kit. The download includes electronic parts list files to help you itemize and purchase parts. You also receive sticker graphic sheets, which you can print as many times as you like to build multiple copies of your model.
- Save paper - You are not obliged to print your instruction book in order build your model. You can view your instruction book on a laptop PC or tablet device as you build. This can sometimes be more advantageous since it allows you to quickly navigate through the instruction book and zoom in to reveal more detail.
PDF (Portable Document Format) is a ubiquitous standard for transferring, viewing and printing high-quality documents on the web or via email. Kits from brickdimensions.com are supplied as PDF files. These files can be opened, viewed and printed using Adobe Reader, which is freely available from Adobe for any operating system or platform.
- Go to the "Kits" section of brickdimensions.com and select your kit.
- Click on the "Add to Cart" button and your selection will be added to the cart at the top of the page. The store will automatically prevent you from accidentally adding more than one copy of a kit.
- When you are finished, select "Click to show cart" at the top of the page and then click on the "Checkout" button.
- You will be transferred to the PayPal payment processing page, where you can pay with a PayPal account or credit card.
- When your PayPal transaction is complete, you will receive an email to the address you provided. This email will contain a secure link to download your kit(s).
- Either click the link in the email or enter the link in your web browser address bar to download your kit(s).
- The kit(s) will be contained in a compressed "zip" file, which you can usually decompress by double-clicking on the file's icon (in a Windows Explorer window or Macintosh Finder window).
- Once your zip file is decompressed, you can open the PDF file and start building!